-Sumaiya Asif Sayed, Student Editor (12 B)
Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.
INJAZ is a non-profit (NPO), non-governmental organization (NGO) driven by Kuwait’s private sector. Through strategic partnerships with Kuwait’s business and education sectors, and with the help of qualified and dedicated volunteers, INJAZ delivers educational programs on entrepreneurial and leadership skills aimed at inspiring and educating future generations.
The students of class 12 were immensely blessed to have a chance of participating in the Career Success programme offered by them. Career Success equips students with the tools and skills required to earn and keep a job in high-growth career industries. This program covers the following key topics:
- 4 C’s: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.
- Strong soft skills
- Work priorities
- STEM and other high-growth industries
- Personal-brand and job-hunting tools such as resumes, cover letters, interviews, and digital profiles
In 7 sessions held on every Thursday, headed by the volunteer Mr Ashley D’Silva, the students have equipped themselves with tricks for their success in the working field and plausible future endeavours. Mr Ashley, the HR Manager of Al-Yasra Foods, dedicated his heart and soul in maturing the students into potential successful engineers, doctors, businessmen and so on and so forth by engaging them in hands-on activities in teams and sharing his work and life experiences. He taught children in a very friendly and comfortable manner.
The various topics touched upon in each session respectively, were:
- Utilizing critical thinking to tackle real life problems.
- Implementing Good Conflict Management for a healthy workplace communication.
- GRPI of a High-performance team (G- Goals, R- Roles and Responsibilities, P- Processes, I- Interpersonal Relationship Skills)
- Understanding the need of Soft skills required for an interview.
- Inspiring oneself to perform better by analysing quotes said by famous personalities.
- Choosing job clusters that would be beneficial in the long run.
- Segregating Job Priorities.
- Creating a brand for oneself.
The presentations struck a chord with the students. With the motivation from Mr Ashley, fun-filled activities and continuous support to enhance our capabilities, the students bid an emotional farewell by presenting him with mementos and have also requested for similar programmes in the years to come.