B.A. B.P.Ed; M.P.Ed; M.Phil; N.I.S. (Hockey).
Mr. Murugaiyan Subbarayalu has been serving Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Kuwait since 2008 in various capacities. He is the Head of the Physical Education, IES. He also serves the institution as the Transport Coordinator, the Summer Camp Coordinator, the In-charge of the Students’ Supreme Council, and the BSS Coordinator cum chief commanding officer. Mr. Murugaiyan completed his schooling from a sports school under SDAT (Sports Development Authority of Tamil Nadu) in 1997. He topped the board examinations and joined the VOC College affiliated to MS University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu. He represented the MSU hockey team at state level and had the privilege to attend many district and state hockey camps. He also had partaken in many national hockey tournaments held in various states. Mr. Murugaiyan also had served Tamil Nadu as a Technical Official of Athletics, a State Hockey Umpire and a Handball Official. Some of his accomplishments in the field of sports and games are as follows:
- In 2002, Mr. Murugaiyan was appointed as an honorary Tuticorin District sports coordinator of Special Olympics.
- In 2003, he joined as a Physical Education Teacher in SVHV CBSE school Tuticorin and received the Best Performer award for the year 2003.
- In 2004, he was selected as the Tamil Nadu State Floor Hockey Team Coach and served the nation as an Official for the Special Olympics National Games-2004.
- In 2005, he joined Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Gandhi Vidyashram, Kodaikanal as the Director of Physical Education.
- In 2007, he was entrusted with the task of organizing the CBSE cluster Volleyball tournament.
- In 2008, he Joined IES Kuwait. He had the proud privilege of organizing the 10th CBSE Kuwait cluster athletic meet that year.
- In 2009, he organised the maiden CBSE Kuwait Cluster swimming championship.
- In 2011, he was awarded the ‘Best Performer Award’ by the IES Management.
- In 2012, he was chosen to be a part of the Kuwait Men’s Hockey team and played in the ‘Gulf Cup’ tournament representing the State of Kuwait.
- In 2014, Mr. Murugaiyan was qualified for the title ‘National Badminton Umpire.’